First Voice is the national voice for six centres providing listening and spoken language early intervention for children with hearing loss in Australia and New Zealand.
First Voice member organisations lead the world in listening and spoken language therapies for children who are deaf or hearing impaired. Member organisations include:
- The Cora Barclay Centre, South Australia
- Hear and Say Centre, Queensland
- Taralye, Victoria
- Telethon Speech and Hearing, Western Australia
- The Shepherd Centre, New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory
- The Hearing House, New Zealand
First Voice champions the right of all deaf people to listen and speak.
As part of its evidence-based approach, the Cora Barclay Centre contributes its data to the First Voice national clinical database*, which consolidates data for over 1000 children across Australia and New Zealand in early childhood intervention programs provided by First Voice centres.
* The First Voice national study is called Sound Outcomes and can be accessed at www.firstvoice.org.au